Friday, August 6, 2010

Andrew Stallings a Winner in the North American Roller Hockey Championships

"This last weekend [i.e., July 17–18, 2010], I had the amazing privilege of getting to play in the world's largest roller hockey tournament, the North American Roller Hockey Championships (NARCh) in San Jose, CA.  While there, I got to compete in a skills competition, which was filmed and put on YouTube.

"There were over 50 other players from around the country (as well as from Canada and South America) in the Sniper Competition.  It was a shoot-out (one skater against one goalie), and, if you scored, you stayed in the contest.  If you missed twice, you were out and got a t-shirt (the winner received a NARCh Skills Jersey).  I missed my first shot (which thankfully they decided not to put on the video, because it was pathetic!), and then scored three straight to stay in the contest.  My final shot was against the goalie who eventually won the contest for the goalies, and he stopped me with a poke-check.  After all was said and done, I managed to finish in the top 5 snipers!  I had a great time and was very blessed to be there with a great team and to do so well in such a big event."

Congratulations, Andrew!

NOTE:  Andrew reports that he appears in the video at 4:14, 6:49, 7:40, and 8:31 wearing a red jersey with #96 and black pants.  He recommends that you turn off the sound as there is some offensive language in the background music before his 6:49 and 7:40 appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment